The Heart of the Florida Keys… Marathon is a small town community that has all the major conveniences that you would expect. We have our own airport, state of the art hospital and a second-to-non school system. The Marathon community park has two soccer fields, 2 softball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts and a skate park. Marathon has a very low crime rate, very low tax rates and almost no traffic congestion. These are just a few examples of what makes Marathon an attractive place to relocate, purchase a vacation home or investment property in a very family friendly and safe community.
Come enjoy the islands of Marathon.You’ll never leave!
Key Colony Beach
Key Colony Beach is undoubtedly the “jewel” of the Middle Keys. The city is situated just off the City of Marathon at MM 54 in the Heart of the Florida Keys. The city boasts its own 24 hour Police Department, Post Office and a city marina. The City also has three parks including Sunset Park where you can set back, relax and watch the sun slowly sink into the water at day’s end. Well maintained bike paths are great cycling, walking the dog or just strolling in the warm breezes at the end of a perfect day.These amenities are within walking distance of anywhere on the Island.
Come to Key Colony for the night, the week or just retire here and enjoy the Key Colony Beach lifestyle.
Duck Key is an island located just northeast of Marathon. The coral island features free flowing canals and Venetian style bridges. Direct ocean front views abound and a coral rock breakwater surrounds the island. A world class destination resort called Hawks Cay is nestled in at the entrance of this upscale community and hosts many amenities. A fleet of charter boats line the waterfront as well as a live dolphin area for observing these fascinating aquatic mammals.
There is something for everyone in Duck Key.
Listed below are phone numbers that may be helpful.
Public Safety Numbers
- Monroe County Police – 305-289-2430
- Key Colony Beach Police – 305-743-5380
- Fire Department – 305-289-6010
- Driver’s License Office – 305-289-2306 (3384 Overseas Hwy., Marathon)
- Vehicle Registration – 305-289-6034 (3101 Overseas Hwy., Marathon)
- City of Key Colony Beach – 305-289-1212
- City of Marathon – 305-743-0033
- Marathon Chamber of Commerce – 305-743-5417
Public Schools & Community College
- Stanley Switlik K-5 – 305-289-2490
- Marathon Middle & High School – 305-289-2480
- FKCC – 305-809-3219
- Florida Keys Electric Co-op – 305-743-5344
- Florida Keys Aquaduct Auth. – 305-289-6161
- Comcast – 800-934-6489
- AT&T – 800-288-2020
- Marathon Garbage Service – 305-743-5165
- The Weekly – 305-743-0844
- Keynoter – 305-743-5551
- Publix – 305-289-2920
- Winn Dixie – 305-743-3636
- Paradise Produce – 305-509-0112
- Publix – 305-289-3192
- Walgreens – 305-743-6929