On rare ocasions, even our little slice of Paradise can suffer from one of Mother Nature's mood swings. Yesterday was one of those days. Boy oh boy, it was windy outside and that doesn't fare well for our fisherman, boaters and beach goers. But don't think for a minute that there is nothing left to do. Here are a few options for you when the outdoors makes you want to stay inside.
· Aquarium Encounters – Take a break from the outside and spend the day observing the extraordinary behavior of our striking marine life. Visit their website for hours of operation and pricing at www.floridakeysaquariumencounters.com.
· Crane Point Hammock Museum & Nature Center – Tucked away amid the heart of the Marathon shopping district lies a 63-acre tropical oasis of hardwood trees, nature trails, wild bird center and educational displays for adults and children. Visit their website at www.cranepoint.net.
· Dolphin Research Center – The Dolphin Research Center is a dolphinarium on Grassy Key. The 90,000-square-foot series of saltwater lagoons carved out of the shoreline is home to a family of dolphins and California sea lions. For more information go to www.dolphins.org.
Photo Courtesy of Dolphin Research Center
· Turtle Hospital – The Turtle Hospital is a small non-profit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of endangered sea turtles. For tour times please visit www.turtlehospital.org.
· Marathon Community Theatre – Marathon Community Theatre is a Not-For-Profit community theater in the heart of the Florida Keys. For more information and for live show schedules, please visit their website at www.marathontheater.org.
· Marathon Cinema – Marathon's only movie theatre providing the latest and greatest that Hollywood has to offer. For show times and prices go to www. marathoncinema.com.
Visit our Marathon, KCB and Middle Florida Keys Guide for more things to do in all weather.